Small Turkey Shrink Bag
- Ideal for 12-20 lb. of Poultry
- Bags measure 14” x 24″
- Package 100
- BPA Free
- 3 Mil Thickness
- Made in the USA
Shrink Bag Poultry Using Copper Tubing – No Cut in Bag!
First of all Featherman Equipment would like to thank Jason Kable, Owner of Kable Tool & Engineering for sharing his video with us on how to shrink bag poultry using copper tubing that does not require making a cut in the bag. Jason shared the following reasons why he did not like making a cut in the bag as well as the benefits of using copper tubing below.
- Hole in bag that could let water /contaminants in
- If chicken got up against cut it sealed off the escape path of air and bag couldn’t seal down tightly
- Had to tape hole with freezer tape
- Benefits of using the Copper Tubing method are:
- Safer as your hands are away from the hot water, I have had some that apparently had a lot of air in bag and would produce a sudden burp as air is escaping from bag and would get a splash of hot water and without tongs or something similar one could get burnt
- Foolproof, works excellent every time, other methods work decent most of the time and when they don’t you either have a sloppy job or redo in a new bag
- I use a pair of blacksmith tongs and piece of copper tubing but anything could be improvised that works similarly
Poultry Heat Shrink Bags Directions Requires a cut in Bag
- Heat large pot of water to 180º – large enough for bird and water displacement.
- Place bird in bag.
- Try to remove as much air as possible then spin bag and tie off with zip tie or hog rings.
- Place a ¼” cut in bag by the breast bone.
- Place in water for 2-3 seconds and quickly remove from water
- Pat dry with towel
- Place label over hole
- Then refrigerate 3-7 days or freeze up to 6-9 months.