Featherman Gamebird Set-Up with Roto-Dunker
The Featherman Gamebird Set-Up with Roto-Dunker includes all you need to get started for processing smaller birds like quail, dove, and squab as well as small batches of broilers. Includes our Featherman Gamebird picker, Scalder with Roto-Dunker, Small Kill Cone Stand w/8 Broiler Cones.
One person can load and dispatch four birds in two minutes, load and scald four birds in a little more than a minute, and pick four birds in a little less than a minute – that adds up to sixty birds per hour!
Gamebird Set-Up Special includes:
- Featherman Gamebird Plucker
- Scalder with Roto-Dunker
- Kill Cone stand with 8 Broiler cones.
Featherman Gamebird Plucker:
If you are processing quail, dove, or squab, this plucker is for you! The Featherman Gamebird Plucker is a must have piece of equipment for every small gamebird hunter/processor saving both time and energy while maximizing your profits. Our equipment is durable and built to last, even with extremely high use. This plucker De-feathers 1-50 lbs of quail, dove, squab, pheasant, chicken or turkey in less than 1 minute!
Gamebird Plucker Features:
- 249 tightly packed ultra-soft fingers to delicately remove feathers from thin-skinned gun-shot birds
- Assembled in USA. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- 1 yr warranty on all parts.
- Tub & housing is high density, UV-resistant, food grade molded plastic.
- The 1 HP motor along with direct drive speed reducer offers the perfect power to process 1-50 pounds of poultry at a time.
Featherman pluckers require virtually zero maintenance. No oil change or grease fittings, simply wash down after use and store in a dry area, under cover and out of the elements.
A unique feature of our plucker is the feather chute, which, unlike competitors, keeps the feathers contained in one spot, offering a quick and easy clean up. The water spray ring gives the birds an even spray of cold, for quick feather release and the waterproof switch ensures operation safety. We offer a foot operated pedal switch, too, for an additional cost.
Featherman Stainless Scalder with Roto-Dunker:
The goal: No pin feathers. Period. This only happens with a perfect scald. The Featherman Scalder holds a constant water temperature to help you achieve that perfect scald. Made of 16 gauge stainless steel with a 100,000 BTU propane burner, temperature control within a five degree range, and sized for four birds at a time (40 gallon).
- 16 Gauge Stainless Steel
- 100,000 BTU Propane Burner
- Temperature control within a five degree range
- 40 Gallon water capacity
- Sized to scald four birds at a time
The Roto-Dunker fits on top of the Featherman scalder for hands-and-back-free scalding. The Roto-Dunker will handle up to 2 – 5 lbs (dressed weight) birds per basket (20 lbs. total). Each basket is turned by a light duty, geared down motor. The consistency of the scald is unparalleled because only half the birds are in the scalder at any time and there is less yo-yoing of water temperature. There are no pinch points as the rotation easily stops in the event of an obstruction, making the Roto-Dunker absolutely safe.
At six rotations per minute there is no need for a timer, no need to worry about a start/stop switch. It scalds birds up to about five pounds dressed weight, the operation is silent, and produces a consistent scald every time. The Roto-Dunker is like having an extra man in the processing crew!
Kill Cone Stand w/Broiler Cones:
Efficient, humane, and easy clean up. The all-stainless steel kill cone stand speeds up the processing and eases the handling of birds at the front end of your processing line. “It was the only thing keeping us from 200 birds per hour,” says Joel Salatin.
- All-stainless steel rotating kill cone stand speeds up the front end of processing
- Includes (8) S/S no back-out Broiler Cones or you can change and order (8) S/S Gamebird cones.
- The S/S carousel will also hold (4) of our Small or Large S/S Turkey Kill Cones that fit compactly around the stand.
- Blood caught in the PVC trough below is easily removed and the trough easily cleaned.